WHAT'S NEW WITH
THE SUCCESS ESTIMATING SYSTEM
New Features in Success4 Version 4.2
- Success now fully supports Seagate Software's Crystal Report
- Success contains a fully integrated ODBC driver (SuccessODBC)
for printing reports created with the Crystal Report Writer. Open
Database Connectivity (ODBC) provides a universal database connectivity
application-programming interface (API) that enables applications
to directly access Success project data.
- A reporting option allows you to turn off the output of DBF
print tables. The print tables are no longer needed when printing
reports that use the SuccessODBC driver.
- Added a "Recently used file list" option to the Tools
-> General tab, allowing for 0 to 9 files to
be listed on the File menu.
- Added the Move Up/Down buttons to the default toolbar.
- Added a Tools/Options area for setting a backup folder.
- Added a feature in the Tools/Options area to specify default
entry fields when creating a new category record. This new features
adds the ability to specify a default value for each field in
each category when the user adds a new record to that category
- Improved the Project Update to import summary and custom properties
from existing project. Added "All"
and "None" buttons for easier update
- Added the ability to add or delete the default fields in the
File -> Properties -> Custom
- Added the ability to add custom buttons to the Success toolbar
which is similar to the function found in Microsoft Word or Excel.
This includes the capability to create a custom button to attch
custom information( for example,a Marco, Excel spreadsheet, Word
document, Success project or database, etc.)
- The results from TakeoffTool takeoff may be sent to a variable,
thereby allowing a single takeoff object to target multiple takeoff
- Added the ability to "lock" a context-based grid or
popup on its current parent.
- Multiple copies of each popup viewer can be displayed.
- The script editor (available only if AutomationTool has been
purchased) has a new button to access the reference guide for
U.S. COST, Inc. All Rights Reserved.